MULTISLICE TOMOGRAPHY (VCT 64 DETECTOR)
How is Multislice Tomography different from other tomography devices? Can you give information about the device? What are the technical features of the device?
The difference of Multislice Tomography is that the number of scanner detectors is 64 and the tube detector system has a high speed that can make 3 turns per second around the patient. The clinical equivalent of this is the imaging of the heart and coronary arteries in 5 heartbeats, any organ in 1 second, and the whole body in 10 seconds.
The shortening of the examination times with VCT provides great convenience in mobile organs such as the heart. It also uses 20% less radiation than tomographs with less detectors (such as 8-16-32).
What convenience does the device provide to the patient and the doctor in diagnosis and treatment?
* Unlike classical invasive angiography, the system allows evaluation of anatomy from many angles and plan with volumetric data.
* Since it is a non-invasive procedure, it does not contain any complications other than contrast agent allergy.
* Since it is not only lumenographic evaluation, it also provides information about the structure of the vascular wall and plaques, neighboring anatomical structures and the condition of soft tissues.
* Completion of routine examinations in shorter periods (breath holding time) eliminated image distortions caused by respiratory failure. For example, while the 30 cm wide lung examination lasts for 30 seconds in a conventional tomography device, it can be completed with a thinner section thickness between 5-9 seconds in multislice devices.
* Fast screening ability In trauma patients, full body scanning can be done in a very short time.
* Similarly, MSBT enables the completion of the examination very quickly in the pediatric age group and in unconscious patients who cannot establish dialogue.
* Evaluation of subsegmental levels of emboli that were not previously possible in patients with sudden pulmonary vascular occlusion was made possible by MSBT devices. Many applications such as aortic rupture, aortic enlargement, atherosclerotic lesions of the limb arteries, renal artery vascular pathologies, pancreas, liver and kidney cancers can be performed with higher image quality with multislice devices, and 3D applications are possible. Combining the high scanning speed with thin section thicknesses, the vascular structures of the brain vessels have also been evaluated by CT angiography.
* Multislice IT systems enable multi-phase contrast studies. For example, arterial phase scanning can be done twice in a row in the liver. In this way, there are studies showing that more early stage liver cancer is observed in cirrhosis patients.
Increasing the scanning speed enables reduction of the contrast (vascular dye) substance administered to the patient, especially in CT angiography applications.
* Since the examination is noninvasive, it does not require hospitalization, it can be applied on an outpatient basis and it is possible to continue daily life after the examination.
Is a special preparation required to enter the device?
No special preparation is required to enter the device, shooting takes a very short time and you can return to your daily life after shooting.
Is the result obtained 100% reliable? What percentage of the final result can be obtained?
In the results obtained, the sensitivity value is 96% and the specificity value is 87% and it can diagnose with high accuracy and reliability.
How old is gr. How often should people check-up. Do we have a check-up habit in our country? How about heart disease? What should be done to prevent this disease?
In our country, heart diseases are at high rates due to reasons such as lack of walking habits due to fatty nutrition, driving even at short distances, and not doing sports. Accurate results can be obtained by conducting this examination to the patients deemed necessary by internal medicine and cardiology specialists.
In which areas is the device used outside the heart?
Large bowel cancer is at the top of the cancer frequency rankings. As early diagnosis can be life-saving, traditional colonoscopy is used for screening patients in high-risk patients. However, many patients avoid this procedure. Sedation is required during the procedure. Virtual colonoscopy has become an alternative diagnostic method in this patient group. With CT, the large intestine can evaluate not only the inner surface but also the outside.
VCT increases the image quality of this review and shortens its duration. With much thinner sections, the diseases that can not be seen with old systems can be easily diagnosed.
Dynamically, anatomical and functional state of the brain can be evaluated. Blood volume, blood flow and passage speed can be calculated in the brain. Additionally, non-invasive angiographic imaging is possible with VCT of the brain and neck vessels.
Especially in patients with metallic orthopedic material such as prosthesis, the deterioration in image quality observed in old CT examinations is completely corrected with VCT.
It is also a reliable method that provides high image quality non-invasively in non-cardiac vessels, lungs and other areas of CT use.
By using the Multislice Tomography (VCT 64 Detector) device, pulmonary vessels can be visualized with a non-invasive method to display pulmonary embolism, aneurysm, AVM, tumor nutrition, and high resolution.
With Multislice Tomography (VCT 64 Detector), the lungs can be examined non-invasively with high image quality. Virtual bronchoscopy can be done. Bronchial and lung vascular diseases can be shown with high resolution.
With the introduction of Multislice Tomography in clinical use, gold has taken its place in the carotid vertebral system angiography as a gold standard.
ABDOMINAL, RENAL AND PERIPHERAL ANGIOGRAPHY
With Multislice Tomography (VCT 64 Detector), non-invasively non-invasively and high resolution Aterostlerotic plaques in the vessels, previously placed grafts and stents, and embolism causing acute obstruction can be displayed.
It can dynamically assess the brain and its anatomical functional state. Blood volume, blood flow and passage speed can be calculated in the brain. In addition, non-invasive angiographic imaging is possible with VCT of the brain and neck vessels.
As early diagnosis can be life-saving, traditional colonoscopy is used for screening patients in high-risk patients. However, many patients avoid this procedure. Sedation is required during the procedure. Virtual colonoscopy has become an alternative diagnostic method for this patient group. With Multislice Tomography (VCT 64 Detector), the large intestine can evaluate not only the inner surface but also the outside.
LOMBER DISK AND SPINE IMAGING
More accurate results can be obtained by creating three-dimensional and sagittal coronal and axial images in disc hernia imaging.
Especially in patients with metallic orthopedic material such as prosthesis, the deterioration in the image quality observed in the old CT examinations is completely corrected with 64 vct.